At First Tee, we help kids discover what’s inside of them, guide them to strengthen it, and mentor them to put it into action in everything they do.
To do this, we need enthusiastic and caring individuals to serve as positive mentors and role models to kids and teens of various backgrounds. Our coaches’ ability to develop impactful relationships with our participants is the backbone of our program.
Although it helps to have a golf background, you don’t have to be a golf pro or (even a good golfer), we’ll provide the training you need to build confidence and enable you to work within our in-school or afterschool programs. Our training system is built on research-proven methods of positive youth development, providing coaches with the tools to make kids feel safe, included, and empowered.
- A passion for impact. We believe passion is contagious and we bring it to everything we do.
- Personal growth through golf. We focus on the deeper side of golf. We prioritize the personal growth of kids over their golf ability.
- Culture of acceptance. We break down barriers that keep kids and families from feeling like they belong – no matter what walk of life.
- Fun with intention. We believe personal growth happens when you’re captivated, emotionally invested, and actively engaged.
Our chapter relies heavily on volunteerism – sometimes year-round – to accomplish our mission, and not all of those goals involve golf. We need support off the course as well. These opportunities include:
- Fundraising / Events
- Operations / Administration
- Mentoring / Tutoring
Join us in Building Game Changers!
Not only do participants and alumni credit their coaches with empowering them to discover their character strengths and develop life lessons, but coaches reap the benefits as well, experiencing their own personal growth and transformation. If you have a passion for positively impacting our community and want to become a coach or volunteer, fill out the form below!